Your already a buddha

Anything at all goes here. Keep it clean.
Bobwidget

Your already a buddha

Post by Bobwidget » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:04 pm

Aware physical body that already exists let your focused nervous system energy totally relax.

The aware physical body is our Buddha nature.

Mason

Re: Your already a buddha

Post by Mason » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:26 pm

When your body is annihilated, what is Buddha?
"The Way needs no cultivation, just do not defile. What is defilement? When with a mind of birth and death one acts in a contrived way, then everything is a defilement. If one wants to know the Way directly: Ordinary Mind is the Way!"

- Record of Ma-tsu

desert_woodworker

Re: You're already a buddha ??????????

Post by desert_woodworker » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:34 am

Mason asks a good question. And Bob puts forward a good proposition.

Thing is, in the Ch'an and Zen Buddhist traditions, there's more involved. As one awakens in those environments and surroundings, one is tested by the teacher to be sure that one is not deluding oneself (you can not intentionally nor unintentionally fool the teacher). Thus, the teacher keeps you safe (and keeps safe others of your acquaintance) by making sure that your opening or awakening is ...true.

If not, back!, to the Ch'an Hall with you!

No shame, we've all (maybe) been there. But, eventually, well... fingers crossed, eh? For oneself, and for all beings. Truly awaken... .

--Joe

Bobwidget

Re: Your already a buddha

Post by Bobwidget » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:47 am

Mason wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:26 pm
When your body is annihilated, what is Buddha?
The body's very cells and atoms carry both the energy nucleus which is also our blueprint DNA. Like your physical brain remembers this life now. Death brings decomposed makes non formed vast sleeping peaceful energy. Only to desire to be flesh again. My friend Siddhartha has yet to return. peace had rather then the conflicts here I fight against. He said he will not return. I hope to change that for him if I can.

desert_woodworker

Re: You're already a buddha ?????????? Eh??

Post by desert_woodworker » Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:15 am

I have no friends named Siddhartha, but if Siddhartha is a Buddha, or has been a Buddha, of course a Buddha will not come back again, by the way. Other Buddhas will come, instead.

Now, a Bodhisattva will, unfailingly come back (as some say; dunno!). But a Buddha is, as the Russians would say, "kaput". Snuffed-out, after all that. "That's all, folks!"

"Final" parinirvana is just that, "final". Or, so the Buddhas have been banking-on it to be so, if we take them at their word(s). I suppose we can, and maybe should.

Meanwhile, we can still read the fine and fictional novel of H. Hesse, SIDDHARTHA. As if he knew anything about it. Good reading, as far as it goes. Like all reading is... . Cum grano.

Strong practice,

--Joe