Calming the Mind

Anything at all goes here. Keep it clean.
Bobwidget

Re: Calming the Mind

Post by Bobwidget » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:12 am

Spike wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:39 am
Bobwidget wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:20 am
Imagined.
You're no judge of that. [james] has a long track record here of lucid and insightful commenting that all would attest to, and I do mean all, and for self-evident reasons.

Trying to demonstrate or tout wisdom and understanding while also battling mental illness is, to say the least, problematic. Acknowledge your professionally-rendered diagnosis, get back on meds if you are off, and fight for your sanity. Then, maybe come back here and share your story with us.
You missed my sentence on bipolar. They can sometimes be totally normal and sane sometimes six months or more. Then when not upset they can't be making the condition worse. If I appear manic its not. Being upset and passionate about truths of this world hidden is not wrong.

The difference between modern thinking and ancient truths is in this sentence. Do I try to relax or do I let myself totally relax without effort?

Bobwidget

Post by Bobwidget » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:28 am

No mental illness can exist within the framework of the aware being. It just is thoughts and imagination. Only within the structure of attention does it. Where people obsess, over focus, think some imagined is real or can't get rid of a thought.

So the answer Lay's in this statement. Let my aware energy of the physical body totally relax and the focused nervous attention will follow.

Bobwidget

Post by Bobwidget » Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:14 pm

People that have a mental illness are not totally insane. Just aspects of them are not sane. I have listened closely to mentally Ill people many times. Within their ramblings I usually find truths about them as to why they are like they are. Offering suggestions to help if I can. They don't disturb me. It simply cannot bother me. Even within their ramblings you sometimes can see truths they see and not many have.

Zoos are disgusting and a shame and upsetting to see. But barely any see it. Can a zoo be a thing of beauty?

Spike

Post by Spike » Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:22 pm

Bobwidget wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:12 am
You missed my sentence on bipolar.
Here is your sentence, (4/24, 8:39):
Bobwidget wrote: Got my prescription for my so called bipolar.
Without spin, "so called" just means you doubt it.

Bobwidget

Post by Bobwidget » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:53 pm

Spike wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:22 pm
Bobwidget wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:12 am
You missed my sentence on bipolar.
Here is your sentence, (4/24, 8:39):
Bobwidget wrote: Got my prescription for my so called bipolar.
Without spin, "so called" just means you doubt it.
So called means mental illness is only true within the framework of narrow minded attention. So called means the past which is not now. I dont believe in mental illness. First law of Buddhism. We cause our own suffering ( from ignorance of not knowing ). So along with the mushin principle now your debating the first law of Buddhism? People have mental illness because of believing in the doctrine of attention pertaining to animals. Plus you missed a person with mental illness has only a aspect of themselves not sane. Not as a whole. So attempting to pick me apart over a aspect and trying to decredit me as a whole because of this aspect I mentioned. Your mind posted. Do you agree?

Spike

Post by Spike » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:38 pm

Bobwidget wrote: I dont believe in mental illness . . . People have mental illness because of believing in the doctrine of attention pertaining to animals . . .

Do you agree?
No.

fuki

Post by fuki » Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:51 pm

Bob, what do you mean and why do you relate attention to insecurity and doubt? Like the last time you were here, you seem to use words in a different way then most, or at least me. Does (paying) attention cause you anxiety or insecurity? just trying to understand you. For most shifting the focus of attention is beautiful/loving/kind etc when is attention for you either something you want to avoid, always or in certain situation? Attention is just a tool we use, it has nothing to do with a self-narrative, when attention perpetuates a self-narrative ofcourse it can lead to anxiety or insecurity because one becomes conscious of unspent energies or for instance childhood traumas, or are you referring to something completely different?
meldpunt seksueel misbruik in boeddhistische gemeenschappen.
https://meldpuntbg.nl/

IZIhttp://www.zeninstitute.org/en/iziae/main.html

clyde
Site Admin

Post by clyde » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:39 pm

And I'm locking this thread.

As I noted before:
clyde wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:53 pm
And because this is an ‘open forum’ there will be members who are trolls or are/become troubled. This is sad and painful. If you see this or suspect this, please Report it or send me a PM with your concerns.
“Enlightenment means to see what harm you are involved in and to renounce it.” David Brazier, The New Buddhism

“The most straightforward advice on awakening enlightened mind is this: practice not causing harm to anyone—yourself or others—and every day, do what you can to be helpful.” Pema Chodron, “What to Do When the Going Gets Rough”