Calming the Mind

Anything at all goes here. Keep it clean.
[james]

Re: Calming the Mind

Post by [james] » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:40 pm

Can an awakened being see a low resolution image of that natural wonder?

Bobwidget

Post by Bobwidget » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:33 pm

[james] wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:40 pm
Can an awakened being see a low resolution image of that natural wonder?

Hmmm? A negativity because I picked a lower one if this forum had limits? Can a too logical person not make out the image? This type of modern mindset to find something wrong with anything is a large judgemental viewpoint on akin to suron in the lord of the rings that smacks highly of societies issues. Your logic is totally flawed because.....who cares. It do nt matter at all. I only respond so you can see this in yourself. If you naysay what I say you go further down the abyass of illogical logic. If you see it then you see your truth. You need to condemn my spelling now.

[james]

Post by [james] » Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:56 pm

Bobwidget wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:33 pm

Hmmm? A negativity because I picked a lower one if this forum had limits? Can a too logical person not make out the image? This type of modern mindset to find something wrong with anything is a large judgemental viewpoint on akin to suron in the lord of the rings that smacks highly of societies issues. Your logic is totally flawed because.....who cares. It do nt matter at all. I only respond so you can see this in yourself. If you naysay what I say you go further down the abyass of illogical logic. If you see it then you see your truth. You need to condemn my spelling now.
Condemn is too strong a word here but, yes, it could do with some tidying up. Same for your syntax.
I do have an undercurrent of negativity and negativism that surfaces from time to time. Today is one of those days. Thanks for not putting up with it.

Bobwidget

Post by Bobwidget » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:17 pm

[james] wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:56 pm
Bobwidget wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 10:33 pm

Condemn is too strong a word here but, yes, it could do with some tidying up. Same for your syntax.
I do have an undercurrent of negativity and negativism that surfaces from time to time. Today is one of those days. Thanks for not putting up with it.
Awwww. Beauty. I know my syntax is not modern. So yes. It seems odd. You have made my day. Therin is your beauty to admit. Imperfect perfection. Like a snowflake we all are different. The reason I love humanity.

The same sun shines on us all.

desert_woodworker

Post by desert_woodworker » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:29 pm

Bobwidget,
Can an awakened being see the beauty of this natural wonder? wrote:
Yes. And in every step leading up to it, before the great tower comes into view. And, in every grain of sand. Every spot of light, and dark.

Why?, by the way? ;)

Is this a Survey? :lol:

:namaste:

--Joe

Bobwidget

Post by Bobwidget » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:56 pm

desert_woodworker wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:29 pm
Bobwidget,
Can an awakened being see the beauty of this natural wonder? wrote:
Yes. And in every step leading up to it, before the great tower comes into view. And, in every grain of sand. Every spot of light, and dark.

Why?, by the way? ;)

Is this a Survey? :lol:

:namaste:

--Joe
Very much a survey. I want to hear many inputs.

desert_woodworker

Post by desert_woodworker » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:59 pm

Thanks!

--Joe
Ignorance is to be ignorant of one's original mind. - Ma Tsu

Liberation is awakening to one's original nature. - Ma Tsu

A guest never knows how much to laugh at a family joke. -Henny Youngman

Bodhi-Mind is working for the good of others. -Hakuin

Bobwidget

Post by Bobwidget » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:27 am

desert_woodworker wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:59 pm
Thanks!

--Joe
Thanks is only in order of can a awakened being see the grand canyon as beauty?

desert_woodworker

Post by desert_woodworker » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:42 am

Bw,
Bobwidget wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:27 am
desert_woodworker wrote:
Thanks!

--Joe
Dunno how you'd interpret such a report, but I'd say that the beauty of the Grand Canyon upstate from me will be seen by an awakened being just about like the beauty of everything everywhere else, including the view under a microscope stage.

As for "beauty", it will be registered (experienced) as an aspect of all we share and participate in. Will it be more "more" beautiful to most who are awakened that the beauty of, say, a Rose? No. Both show spooky aspects, in common with the source of all: our Mind. In the everyday awakened samadhi-state, all things show their origin. Light is overwhelming, and cream-colored and warm, and shadows are deep, and more than three-dimensional.

I look at some of the paintings of the American painters in the "Luminist" school, and see some echoes of what we see in the awakened condition, but not just the same. Awakening, and this awakenened vision, requires correct and sufficient practice, and very good cooperating conditions, a.k.a., good luck. And, a great teacher.

In my experience,

--Joe

Bobwidget

Post by Bobwidget » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:58 am

desert_woodworker wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:42 am
Bw,
Bobwidget wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:27 am
desert_woodworker wrote:
Thanks!

--Joe
Dunno how you'd interpret such a report, but I'd say that the beauty of the Grand Canyon upstate from me will be seen by an awakened being just about like the beauty of everything everywhere else, including the view under a microscope stage.

As for "beauty", it will be registered (experienced) as an aspect of all we share and participate in. Will it be more "more" beautiful to most who are awakened that the beauty of, say, a Rose? No. Both show spooky aspects, in common with the source of all: our Mind. In the everyday awakened samadhi-state, all things show their origin. Light is overwhelming, and cream-colored and warm, and shadows are deep, and more than three-dimensional.

I look at some of the paintings of the American painters in the "Luminist" school, and see some echoes of what we see in the awakened condition, but not just the same. Awakening, and this awakenened vision, requires correct and sufficient practice, and very good cooperating conditions, a.k.a., good luck. And, a great teacher.

In my experience,

--Joe
Your logical and logic made me see. Not quite far enough on your part. Is the grand canyon and devils tower mountain things of beauty?

And I layed in the tall grass totally relaxed without trying under the shadow of a tree. Beauty and rest without attempt. Look again. Is the devils tower mountain a thing of beauty?

desert_woodworker

Post by desert_woodworker » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:04 am

Maybe enough to say that it is a "thing".

Does it get ("grab") your attention, at some time? Oh? Oh, Yes?

Then, it is a thing. But, is it a thing of beauty?

That may depend upon whether you have had your dinner yet, or not. Or, on whether your lover has locked you out of the house and consigned you to the doghouse. Are you in the doghouse? Really?? ;)

There are few if any simple answers in this realm of Samsara, or even of more original, less messed-up states such as we enter into and reside in temporarily, in Awakening.

You shall have to be the Judge, Your Honor! There's a lot of variegated variety there in which to cavort.

If you are a Zen Buddhist practitioner, see what your teacher has to say. Stay safe.

As I see it,

--Joe

Bobwidget

Post by Bobwidget » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:18 am

desert_woodworker wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:04 am

That may depend upon whether you have had your dinner yet, or not. Or, on whether your lover has locked you out of the house and consigned you to the doghouse. Are you in the doghouse? Really?? ;)

There are few if any simple answers in this realm of Samsara, or even of more original, less messed-up states such as we enter into and reside in temporarily, in Awakening.

You shall have to be the Judge, Your Honor! There's a lot of variegated variety there in which to cavort.

If you are a Zen Buddhist practitioner, see what your teacher has to say. Stay safe.

As I see it,

--Joe
No. You have yet too see the devils tower mountain as is. You are perplexed by your logic. I plead you to look at many pictures of this mountain and the top flat part. Look and look until it becomes evident. When you see it then your awake.

desert_woodworker

Post by desert_woodworker » Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:51 am

Bobwidget wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:18 am
desert_woodworker wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:04 am

As I see it,

--Joe
No. You have yet too see the devils tower mountain as is. You are perplexed by your logic. I plead you to look at many pictures of this mountain and the top flat part. Look and look until it becomes evident. When you see it then your awake.
Huh? Nah! ;)

I saw "Close Encounters of the Third Kind", and am not bewitched by such kind of stuff about so-called Devil's Tower.

But please, please, let's keep talking. I hope I'm not being "short" with you. Let me know what's next. Tnx,

--Joe

desert_woodworker

Post by desert_woodworker » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:03 am

I am a Philatelist (philatelist), though a weak one. But, I like stamps, and what can be learned through them, and through our fraternity/sorority with others who are into collecting, too.

--Joe

US_stamp_3c_Devils_Tower.jpg
USA stamp issued September 24 1956. Beauty... .
US_stamp_3c_Devils_Tower.jpg (97.3 KiB) Viewed 693 times

Bobwidget

Post by Bobwidget » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:42 am

Bewitched. Agreed. Neither would I want to be. Nah to look is fine. Hobbies of all kinds I love people have. Cool stamp. Someone else chime in. Can a person who is awake see the devils tower mountain postage stamp as a thing of beauty?

BTW things don't exist for me as objects. As objects are created in the minds of men. This knowing is called nor. Non objective reality. A movement of awakening.

Crystal

Post by Crystal » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:11 pm

Bobwidget wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:42 am
Can a person who is awake see the devils tower mountain postage stamp as a thing of beauty?

Do people who are enlightened make judgements such as "This is ugly and that is beautiful?"

:?:

fuki

Post by fuki » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:22 pm

desert_woodworker wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:03 am
I am a Philatelist (philatelist), though a weak one. But, I like stamps, and what can be learned through them, and through our fraternity/sorority with others who are into collecting, too.
Not a word of Spanish posted there, Joe.
DSCN0698.JPG
DSCN0698.JPG (6.64 MiB) Viewed 663 times
meldpunt seksueel misbruik in boeddhistische gemeenschappen.
https://meldpuntbg.nl/

IZIhttp://www.zeninstitute.org/en/iziae/main.html

fuki

Post by fuki » Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:59 pm

Bobwidget wrote:

BTW things don't exist for me as objects.
Sounds like you have objectified yourself then ;)

fuki

Post by fuki » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:07 pm

Bobwidget wrote:
Someone else chime in. Can a person who is awake see the devils tower mountain postage stamp as a thing of beauty?
To be a person is to be asleep, and no fictional character can ever awaken.
Sure, whatever I look at is the very manifestation of Paradise, of all things good and beautiful. :hatsoff:

Bobwidget

Post by Bobwidget » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:41 pm

Crystal wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:11 pm
Bobwidget wrote:
Can a person who is awake see the devils tower mountain postage stamp as a thing of beauty?

Do people who are enlightened make judgements such as "This is ugly and that is beautiful?"

:?:

Kinda like a beautiful woman who has a ugly personality? Seeing things as is is not judgemental. Judgemental is more putting your twist of truth on things rather then truth. Ah Manson and ted Bundy. So beautiful.